Start growing your own food at home!
Whether you’re an urban gardener, a first-time vegetable grower, or have your own allotment, this illustrated guide takes the uncertainty out of your harvest with clear, reliable gardening advice for every month of the year.
This gardening reference guide is filled with gardening tips on growing everything from herbs and kale to strawberries and rhubarb. Inside, you’ll find:
– Month-by-month chapters that break down what to do through the year, with instructions on what to sow and plant and the gardening tasks to focus on
– Visual galleries accompany every chapter that showcases the products that can be harvested during that month
– Crop planners that provide a catalogue of more than 60 fruits, vegetables, and herbs that can be grown in an allotment or kitchen garden
– “Allotment know-how” chapter that offers detailed, accessible advice on preparing your allotment, choosing the correct tools and equipment, and making the most of your plot with crop rotation
– “Troubleshooter” chapter that breaks down the warning signs of pests, diseases, and disorders, with detailed advice on preventing and/or treating these issues
Wondering how to grow your own fruits and vegetables or how to make the most out of your existing allotment? Allotment Month by Month has everything you need to know about how to grow your own fruit and vegetables: when to sow, how to cultivate, advice on pesticide use – and step-by-step garden projects like making a compost bin.
With more than 60 fruit and vegetable crop planners, this gardening book is your go-to guide to growing fresh, seasonal produce in your kitchen garden, on your plot or in smaller city spaces. Month-by-month alerts help you guard against the season’s garden pests and diseases to ensure a top-quality harvest. This new edition has updated recommendations for the best varieties to grow and all the latest expert gardening advice.