Rough Guides Staycations Cotswolds
Make the most of your time on Earth with the ultimate travel guides.
Inspirational and informative new pocket guide, with free eBook, making the most of holidaying at home in the UK through clearly laid-out walks and tours.
Explore the best of the Cotswolds with this unique travel guide, packed full of insider information and stunning images. From making sure you don’t miss out on must-see, top attractions like Stratford-upon-Avon, Cheltenham and Gloucester to discovering cultural gems including the stunning National Arboretum in Westonbirt, a picturesque hike along the Cotswold Way, and a typical Cotswold-stone manor house at Snowshill Manor, the easy-to-follow, ready-made walking and driving routes will save you time, and help you plan and enhance your staycation in the Cotswolds.
Features of this travel guide to the Cotswolds:
– Eight walks and tours: detailed itineraries feature all the best places to visit, including where to eat along the way
– Local highlights: discover the area’s top sights and unique attractions, and be inspired by stunning imagery
– Time-saving itineraries: carefully planned routes will help inspire and inform your on-the-road experiences
– Historical and cultural insights: learn more about the Cotswolds’ rich history with fascinating cultural insights throughout
– Insider recommendations: where to stay and what to do, from active pursuits to themed trips
– Rainy day recommendations: uncover plenty of options, whatever the weather throws at you
– Practical full-colour maps: with every major sight and listing highlighted, the full-colour maps make on-the-ground navigation easy
– Key tips and essential information: from transport to hours of operation, we’ve got you covered
– New for 2021: the latest guidance to all the places you should discover in the Cotswolds
– The ultimate travel tool: download the free eBook to access all this from your phone or tablet
– Covers: Gloucester and the Vale of Berkeley, South Cotswolds, Stroud and the Mill Valleys, Cheltenham and the Cotswold Escarpment, Towns and Gardens around the North Cotswolds, Around Stow-on-the-Wold and the Coln and Windrush Valleys
Looking for a comprehensive guide to England? Check out Rough Guides England for a detailed and entertaining look at all the country has to offer.
About Rough Guides: Rough Guides have been inspiring travellers for over 35 years, with over 30 million copies sold. Synonymous with practical travel tips, quality writing and a trustworthy ‘tell it like it is’ ethos, the Rough Guides list includes more than 260 travel guides to 120+ destinations, gift-books and phrasebooks.